Did you know that 7 out of 10 people get at least one back molar, or “wisdom tooth,” removed? Well, Yes! The average human mouth can only comfortably accommodate 28 teeth. Unfortunately, four more teeth sometimes try to erupt for some people at the back corners of the mouth on the top and bottom around the age of 15 or 18, causing severe toothache. If this has occurred to you, surgically removing your wisdom teeth is always recommended.
When we talk about wisdom teeth removal surgery, you are likely anxious about the procedure. Don’t worry; there are several recuperation strategies for wisdom tooth removal that you can use. You can avoid the probable negative effects of the surgery using these strategies.
So, are you prepared to learn everything there is to know about wisdom teeth removal? Then continue reading because that’s exactly what we’ll cover in this blog!
Expected Recovery Time After Wisdom Tooth Removal
As several factors affect your recovery time following wisdom tooth surgery, it is challenging to predict how long it will take to recover. Your recuperation time will be affected by various factors, including the size and position of the extracted teeth, your existing health, and the complexity of the treatment.
After removing your wisdom teeth, you typically need one to two weeks to heal completely. The first week is crucial to your recovery, whilst the second week usually sees the gradual improvement of several symptoms like oedema, bruising, and stiffness in the neck or jaw.
Dos and Don’ts for Home Care After Wisdom Teeth Removal Surgery
Your dentist or oral surgeon will instruct you on how to look after yourself post-procedure for proper healing. For the quickest recovery, follow these effective do’s and don’ts.
- Keep your mouth clean, but exercise extreme caution near the surgical area(s).
- You can rinse with salt water if the bleeding is not too severe.
- Following surgery, take the pain medications your physician has prescribed as soon as possible.
- 2-3 hours following surgery, or as soon as your surgeon instructs you to do so, remove your gauze pad(s).
- Apply an ice pack for the first 24-36 hours following surgery.
- After the first 36 hours, steam can lessen jaw discomfort.
- Only consume soft meals
- Drink a lot of liquids, especially water.
- Be mindful while sitting or lying down on the couch or your bed.
- Avoid consuming hot beverages. Firstly confirm that any beverages you do have are at room temperature.
- Eat less food that needs you to chew thoroughly because doing so may cause the blood clot to become dislodged.
- Do not brush near the surgery area.
- Avoid activities such as smoking, consuming alcohol, and using straws.
Note: Healing can take more time than usual if appropriate measures are not followed. However, it is always advisable to consult your dentist whenever you experience any severe persistent pain.
Consult Alveo Dental Clinic For Wisdom Tooth Removal Surgery
Wisdom teeth removal can sometimes be painful and complicated, but Alveo Dental Clinic has got you covered. If you’re looking for a dentist to help you with wisdom teeth removal surgery and the best toothache treatment in Gurgaon, contact us today. Our dentists have the experience needed to ensure safe & successful treatment so that you can get the right treatment. Get in touch with us and schedule your wisdom tooth removal right away.