One of the most frequently performed cosmetic dental procedures today is teeth whitening. Given how frequently teeth become stained and how much value individuals take in having attractive smiles, it is easy to understand. Even the most diligent regular dental care won’t be adequate in the long run to keep your teeth white. There are many people who prefer cosmetic teeth whitening to achieve the whitest, brightest smile and healthy teeth. Even after making that decision, it is always wise to understand the process and benefits. After all, there are numerous ways to (maybe) get whiter teeth. So, if you’re going for teeth whitening, here are a few important things you need to know.
About Laser teeth whitening
Laser teeth whitening is a method to make your teeth whiter. Not only does it help to eliminate discolouration, but it also improves the overall appearance of your teeth. In this process, a whitening gel is used. The Laser activates the teeth-whitening properties of the substance and modifies the stain molecules there.
There are numerous causes of tooth discolouration, including:
- Regular consumption of black tea/coffee and dark pigmented food.
- Smoking habits
- Several drugs, including antihistamines and chemotherapy
The benefits of using a Laser to whiten teeth
Laser teeth bleaching is quick. After visiting the clinic, you’ll see results up to 10 shades lighter than your current yellow-grey teeth.
- Laser tooth bleaching is precise. Your dentist can concentrate solely on those teeth if only a few teeth need to be whitened.
- Laser Teeth Whitening is carried out by skilled professionals who are knowledgeable about the condition of your teeth and gums.
- Laser teeth whitening is more effective and Long Lasting.
- Your teeth can stay whiter for up to two+ years following laser whitening with consistent adherence to proper daily dental maintenance practices.
Steps in a Laser Teeth Whitening Procedure
The following easy steps are involved in the laser teeth-whitening process.
- To keep your mouth open, your dentist will install a protective sleek shield.
- Your gums will have a cover put on top to protect them from the bleaching gel and stop gum inflammation and burning.
- Once the covering has formed, your dentist will carefully apply the whitening gel to your teeth.
- To activate the gel, they’ll use a laser pen-like device.
- The gel will start foaming, indicating that it effectively removes the spots from your teeth.
- After leaving the gel on your teeth for a short period, the dentist removes it. The dentist may carry out these procedures three or four times for effective whiteness.
- Your dentist will clean your mouth and remove protective covering from your gums and mouth.
As we have mentioned above, laser teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure. Dental insurance frequently do not provide coverage for this kind of operation. You will thus be responsible for paying out of pocket. Depending on your dentist and where you live, one session might cost anywhere from $100 to $550. Remember that it will take three to four cycles to get whiter teeth.
The Bottom Line
Indeed, laser teeth whitening is an aesthetic dental procedure mainly used to whiten and brighten yellow/stained teeth. Whiter teeth make your smile look younger. Also, if you’re looking for a professional and experienced dentist for your Laser teeth whitening process, visit Alveo Dental Clinic. We offer an array of cosmetic dental procedures such as Implants, Bridges, Veneers, and more. Visit our website for more information.