Wisdom teeth extraction is a common and straightforward dental procedure. These teeth, which typically develop during the late teenage years or early adulthood, are either the second or final set of adult teeth.
Various factors determine the need for wisdom teeth removal, one of which is the frequent discomfort they can cause. If extraction is necessary, the procedure can typically be performed at your dentist’s office.
The extraction process is relatively quick, and the recovery period is not overly prolonged. In most cases, full recovery takes around 2-5 days. However, it’s essential to address any concerns or inquiries before considering the procedure. In this blog, we have addressed frequently asked questions to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of wisdom tooth extraction.
How necessary is wisdom tooth extraction?
Removing wisdom teeth can provide solutions to numerous issues that arise during their eruption. Below are some problems commonly associated with this process:
- Incorrect angle of eruption: Wisdom teeth can erupt at an angle that puts pressure on other teeth, resulting in discomfort. The only way to alleviate this is through wisdom teeth removal.
- Insufficient space in the mouth: If the mouth is too tiny, there might not be enough space for wisdom teeth to grow properly. As a result, they can press against other teeth, leading to jaw pain.
- Dental issues: Poor dental hygiene can contribute to the need for wisdom teeth removal. Common problems include the development of cavities and gum disease.
- Wisdom teeth can become impacted in different ways, often due to their positioning at the back of the mouth. For instance, they may become trapped in the jaw, resulting in pain and discomfort.
Considering these factors, wisdom tooth extraction is often necessary to alleviate pain, prevent dental complications, and maintain oral health. It is recommended to talk with a dental professional to assess the specific condition of your wisdom teeth and determine the appropriate course of action.
When to see a doctor?
Knowing when to see a dentist regarding your wisdom teeth is crucial. Typically, wisdom teeth start to emerge in most individuals after the age of 12. If you are experiencing pain or soreness related to your wisdom teeth, it is advisable to schedule a visit for wisdom tooth extraction in Gurgaon for further evaluation and possible removal. However, if you’re unsure whether extraction is necessary, there are other common situations that may indicate the need for surgery. These include:
- Impacted wisdom teeth: If your wisdom teeth are trapped in the jaw or partially erupted, causing pain or discomfort, extraction may be recommended.
- Crowding or shifting of teeth: Wisdom teeth can exert pressure on adjacent teeth, leading to crowding or misalignment. In such cases, removal might be necessary to preserve the alignment of your teeth.
- Infections or gum disease: If your wisdom teeth are causing frequent infections or contributing to gum disease, extraction may be required to prevent further oral health complications.
- Dental decay or cavities: Wisdom teeth are often difficult to clean properly, making them more prone to cavities and decay. If this becomes a recurrent issue, removal might be the best solution.
If you are undergoing any of these situations or have concerns about your wisdom teeth, it is recommended to see a dentist. They can evaluate your specific case and provide appropriate guidance regarding the need for a wisdom tooth removal.
In certain cases, some people encounter a partial eruption of their wisdom teeth, where these teeth do not fully emerge from the jaw. To alleviate any discomfort associated with this condition, it is typically advised to undergo wisdom teeth removal. This procedure aims to address the incomplete eruption by extracting the affected teeth, providing relief from discomfort, and preventing potential complications.
Enjoy Pain-Free Dental Care with Alveo Dental Clinic in Gurgaon!
Discover the exceptional dental care you deserve at Alveo Dental Clinic, located in South Point Mall, Gurgaon. Our team of top-rated professionals provides precise diagnosis and efficient treatments using modern equipment. Visit Alveo Dental Clinic today!