Do you have missing teeth? Or Root stumps?? Or loose dentures? Then think no more! Dental Implant is the closest solution to resolving these issues. Let’s first understand what is the meaning of Dental Implants:
- A dental implant is a surgical fix that interfaces with the bone of the jaw to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, bridge, denture, and facial prosthesis. The main advantage of Dental Implants lies in the root cause of fixing your facial and bone features.
– Dental Implants also help restore your jawbone structure because they reduce the load on the remaining oral teeth.
– It helps in preserving natural bone tissue and reduces bone contraction if not which may result in loss of jawbone height.
Three stages of the Dental Implant procedure –
- The Implant
Your dentist will place the implant on the jawbone. Because you no longer have the tooth roots, it will be essentially the prosthetic tooth roots.
- The Abutment
When you have a crown placed on an actual tooth, the abutment is attached to the implant to create a very secure anchor so that it is not misplaced to position the crown that replaces the tooth.
- The Crown
It exactly looks like the tooth it replaces. An implant crown is a prosthetic tooth that is made from a mold of your mouth so that it is customized to fit into your mouth with proper measurements and size.
- Some amazing facts regarding Dental implants –
- Mayan Origin – Ancient dental implants have been traced back to around 600 AD when tooth-like pieces of shell were hammered into the jaw of a Mayan woman. During that time people preferred pain over painless treatment unlike now. Time has made the evolution in Dental Implants quite modern. Today most implants are used to replace either single or multiple missing teeth. The implants first used in the were basically a fixed size for all designs.
- Preserves Natural Bone – Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves the natural jaw bone, helping to stimulate the bone structure. Natural Jaw bone is important for Vitamin D and K, both having different roles in bone health. It is high in calcium too.
- Titanium Material – Modern Dental Implants are made up of titanium. Titanium is one metallic element that blends and fuses with the body very well and it is strong and so lightweight that dental surgeons use it for dental implants.
Dental health is very important for a healthy and lively lifestyle. Dental Implant is less expensive and affordable dental implants are also available. A less expensive procedure may take care of things now. Think of the cost of implants as an investment in the health of your mouth. Talk to your dentist to find out whether a dental implant procedure is right for you and make sure you have a healthy mouth.